1.5L

2006 Nissan Almera • 4 cylinder 2WD • 60,000 miles

Hi I am at wits end, the Almera, only occasionally like today, is fine and when I park somewhere (out of the blue) the engine will not start, but turning over.

Please could you help me, as car stuck in bad area.

Kind Regards,

Allan
Alln

Check if its a fuel or spark problem-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing