CHEVROLET SILVERADO SENSOR PROBLEM

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

The ABS light is on, and truck will make ABS sounds just before stopping with brakes applied. Getting codes C0035, U1064

Can I do some further testing to find the problem? Thanks

The.C0035 is left front wheel speed sensor do you have a multi meter to do some testing?Also the u1064 is lost communication with the bcm.

Yes, I have a muti-meter. What setting should I have it on.

J.stieg
Ohms unplug the left front wheel speed sensor and see what the sensor measures at ohms wise?

Front left sensor is 960 ohms, and front right sensor is 940 ohms
All done at 25F.

J.stieg
Thed speed sensor reading is good I posted the trouble tree for you to follow for the code C0035 hopefully its a active code meaning as soon as you clear it it will reset itself?

Check the ignition b 50 amp fuse in the underhood fuse block, if it is blown it will cause a loss of communication. Also I have seen many bad ignition switches cause the issue you are having.

Homer1967
I used the trouble tree charts, and adjusted the wheel speed sensor. The ABS light was coming on at every stop before, now it has not been on once, also erased the codes. But ABS still engages on a dry road(NO ABS light this time though). Anything I can do?

J.stieg
I would recheck the wheel speed sensor adjustment since that cleared up the light. Your going to have to get a scan tool that can you watch the wheel speeds to see which one is miss reading and causing the abs to kick on. Sounds like the wheel speed sensor is not reading the correct speed but not setting a code just causing the abs to kick on now.

Yeah, I agree with saturn tech. Thanks for choosing 2carpros

Homer1967