HYUNDAI SANTA FE SENSOR PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe • 167,000 miles

I have a 2004 huyndai Santa Fe. The belt tensioner broke on the timing bet. I Found another motor to replace the one I had. All was well then it started stalling, misfiring and dying. I had a mechanic read the codes. Each time it would give me segment timing incorrect which the suggestion was to replace the Crank Position Sensor. I replaced it. Now the car will not start. It will turn over but will not start. I took the new sensor out twice and replaced with another new one. It still wont start. What would be the issue? Do I need to clear the codes or am I haveing a run of bad parts?
Traughber4

What are the exact code numbers you have now?

It is a P1372 Segment Timing incorect

Traughber4
So if you clear that code is that the code that comes right back?

Traughber4
Which engine do you have?

2.7

Traughber4
Are you able to restart with the original sensor?
Did you check the pickup point of the sensor for damage?

That's a good one khlow the crank could have struck the sensor.

The old sensor was damaged and burned and will not work. The one I replaced it with that would act up after it got warm was returned the parts house. We have checked the contact point on the block to see if there is any obstruction. I have someone coming over today to ome out the wiring harnes to see if there is a broke wire and a voltage probe to make sure were getting the right voltage.

Thanks for all your help.

Traughber4
Alright keep us posted on wat you find.

Page 1 of 2