STARTING ISSUES

2003 Ford Explorer • 121,000 miles

It has started to act as if the battery is dead and not start, no cab lights, no nothing. Then after a while it starts right up. I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or electrical issue. The last time it happened I was leaving for work and couldn't get it to do anything, when I got home from work I went to check it out and it started first try no problem. It has done this a couple times now. Also with the same truck, when you turn the heater setting to warm, you can hear a clicking noise under the dash and the temp of the air doesn't change. So now it won't start from time to time and has no heater or defrost. Any ideas where I should begin?
Davidehunt

Checkbattery for condition including load test. Auto parts and tire stores do this for free. Check your acutuator in heater to see if it's working or not. You can try pulling hvac fuse fro 60 seconds with key on as that sometimes resets actuators. It could aslo be a vacuum problem with air inlet motor. See pics there is an actuator on llh and rh so look on both sides.