URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

2001 Honda Accord • 86,000 miles

Had a couple problems about three weeks back. First, car wasn't performing well. It idles well but when in motion and I step on the gas, car seemed to stall slightly and when picking up speed, doesn't move smoothly. This is indicated by the needle of the engine rev clock. Instead of rising smoothly, it kinda stalls intermitently and you can feel it in the movement of the car.

Did some random checks my self and came up with nothing. Took it to a mechanic and they had the nozles cleaned and checked if there's any vacuum leaks. All seemed ok but problem persisted!

Finally, we had to change the injector. Problem ceased and all seemed well until yesterday.

Left the car parked for over 24hrs. Tried to start it but it wouldn't. Just kept ckanking and almost ran down my batery. Left it for abt two hours after which I gave it another try. This time, I had to push the gas to the floor. Car stuttered until it finally started. But the idle speed was somewhere around 200, and engine was realy vibrating! Took it to the technicians and had the speed tuned up a bit cos at that speed, when I turned on the airconditioner, car just goes off.

Left the workshop and car was criusing real fine. Stoped @ a friend's. Spent a couple hours. On starting the car, it started well and all seemed ok. But when I got moving and steped on the gas, I noticed the erlier problem I narated about car stalling was back! It idles well, but while moving and I step on the gas, it stalls and the engine rev needle clearly shows that.

Please, what could be the problem? Could my fuel pump be bad? Or could it be some other culprit?

Ps: sorry about the lengthy narative.
Pious

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Thanks for your response. I'd do just that.

Pious