ENGINE STALLING

2000 Ford Ranger • 64,000 miles

No leaks in the air tube. Code P1121 changed the tps, no change took it for a test ride
and it ran terrible, loss of power, now it wont turn over.
Now I am at a loss of what to do? And other ideas?
Wheelchairdude49

Which engine do you have?

2.5

Wheelchairdude49
I see that code says intake air temperature sensor intermittent nothing to do with the throttle position sensor. Do you have a scan tool that can read live data like intake air temp sensor?

I am sorry looked up the wrong code looked up code P1115 by mistake. Do you have a scan tool you can read the throttle position sensor on and mass air flow sensor on?Since that code is for tps inconsistent with Maf sensor.

Also have you tried cleaning the mass air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner to see if it runs any different?

Yes I do have a code reader. Just put a new 80.00 maf sensor on it in June. Put new tps on it today.
I'm just wondering if the maf sensor went bad already. The starter wont turn over on it now si I cant start it and
read the live data

Wheelchairdude49
So the starter is inop you have a no crank no start?Does the starter make any noise when trying to start it?Also you can watch the tps reading with the key in the run position while moving the gas pedal and watching your scan tool.

Correct. No noise at all. Friend is going to remove starter tonight. Is it possible that the maf sensor failed after 3 weeks?
Bought it from rock auto

Wheelchairdude49
Anything is possible do you have a k and n air filter ontthat? Before you remove the starter see if you have power to the small trigger wire on the starter with the key in the start position?

I just have a stock filter. Ok ill have him do it

Wheelchairdude49