I HAVE A AND IT OVERHEATS ALL THE TIME. CHANGED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF RADIATOR, HOSES,WATERPUMP, POWERSTEERING AND THEN SOME. PLEASE TELL ME WHT IS WRONG.

2000 Dodge Durango • 140,000 miles

It also miss fires cylinder three and five all the time. Please help me solve this problem. We have changed it all and spark plugs about eight times already and have only had the car for about two years now.
Egcia0@yahoo.com

Have you changed the thermostat?Also how is the thermal fan clutch?Have you checked the cap rotor and wires?

Yes changed the thermostat and the fan clutch and the cap and rotor all brand new.

Egcia0@yahoo.com
Have you checked your spark plug wires?Also have you checked your a/c condensor for debris sand dirt etc?Are both the upper and lower radiator hoses getting really hot?

Yes just rechanged spark plugs last week and wires. It seems as though before it took a while before it would overheat now it does it in one trip

Egcia0@yahoo.com
Do the two cylinders constantly missfire?Does both the upper and lower radiator hoses get really hot?Have you ever used a stop leak in the cooling system?Have you checked to see if the a/c condensor is clogged with sand debris etc?Please answer all my questions its really tiring asking the same questions over because they wernt answered the first time thanks.

Yes the two consistanly missfire. No the hoses never feel real hot. I have tried stop leak twice no effect checked the a/c condensor all clear

Egcia0@yahoo.com
Stop leak clogs flow thru the heater core radiator etc if both the radiator hoses arent getting really hot your not getting flow thru your radiator. Thats why it ls getting too hot. Also are both your heater hoses going into your firewall getting really hot?Are you sure you got the spark plug wires routed cirrectly when you replaced them?

Yes I numbered them to make sure is it possible I have a blowen headgasket and if so how would I know for sure

Egcia0@yahoo.com
If you had a blown headgasket you would have steam out the tail pipe and would be loosing coolant. You should still have flow in the cooling system though. What about the heater hoses are they getting really hot?

I do have wht looks like white smoke from tailpipe. And no the hoses feel warm

Egcia0@yahoo.com
Page 1 of 2