SEVERE OIL LEAK

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 105,000 miles

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse mileage: 105,000. I just replaced my radiator with a used one three days ago. Yesterday I was driving 90 miles per hour when my car started hesitating and slowing down. Then my thermostat started to show the engine heating up really fast. I was pulling off the side of the road when all of the emergency lights (oil, brake, coolant, etc.) Came on. I turned off the engine immediately and a few minutes later, my upper hose blew. I replaced it and started to drive and  my oil pressure started decreasing. I pulled over again and saw that my oil was empty (I have three minor oil leaks, but I usually am good about checking  the level). I replaced the oil with three quarts, and about two minutes of driving later, my car was knocking and smoking bad. I pulled over and the oil was leaking out very fast. In a few minutes, all of the oil had leaked out. I had the car towed and I inspected it today. I am trying to find an oil diagram because I cannot figure out exactly where it's coming from. It looks to be around the crankshaft or transmission.
2CarPros-Archives

From what you have told us unfortunately, it sounds like the motor has been ruined from the overheating. This can be verified with a compression check and a leak down test.

2CarPros-Archives