GRAND OVERHEATING

1999 Dodge Caravan • 130,000 miles

After the van warms up(about 2 miles) the temp gauge starts to get close to pegging the hot line. Replaced the thermostat and water pump. Still acting the same. I haven't seen any milky oil yet. Not blowing any white exhaust yet. I see some bubbles when the radiator cap is off when I'm checking the antifreeze. I guess my question is does head gasket sealers work?
Kohllink

O.K. First a few simple ideas. Have you cleaned the radiator out? Take the upper and lower hoses off and flush water thru the radiator. Then take a hose and flush thru the radiator to clear out bugs and road debris. You are using a 50/50 mix of good antifreeze? See if your local auto parts store has a cooling system pressure tester. Put that on where your radiator cap goes, start the van and watch the gauge as the van warms up.
If it climbs over 17 lbs you may have a head gasket issue.

Johnsgarage99
If pressure test fails head gasket sealer may fix it. Cheaper than engine dis-assembly.

Fixitmr
Regrouped could this be a bad cooling fan relay? The fans work when in park or at a low rpm. Could fan speed be a problem at higher speeds with the a/c on?

Kohllink
Fans need to be on high speed with air on.

Fixitmr
Just took the van for a ride till it got hot. The radiator cap was not hot and the top hose was rock hard like the thermostat was closed. Could it be a bad thermostat? I replaced the thermostat. Might of gotten a defective one.

Kohllink
Just remove it/drive it and see how it goes.

Fixitmr
Removed the thermostat and drove for 30 minutes with the air on and the highest temp reading on the gauge was about 3/4 up. It usually runs at about the halfway mark.

Kohllink