WONT START TURN OVER

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 205,000 miles

I removed the starter tested starter at advance its worked on the bench I replaced ignition switch still nothing I tried jumping it off nothing can here starter relay clicking swapped relay nothing tried moving gear selector to natural nothing could the crank sensor be the prob or nss switch and were is the neutral safety switch located.
Davidelliott

Are you sure you're hearing the starter relay click? The automatic shutdown (ASD) relay will be clicking too. The crankshaft position sensor has nothing to do with the starting system.

A common problem is the neutral safety switch. You might try bypassing the starter relay to verify the rest of the system works. Do that by removing the cover from the starter relay, installing it that way, then squeezing the movable contact, or you can use a piece of wire or stretched out paper clip to connect terminals 30 and 87 in the socket.