BRAKES

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

On my 1992 cadillac deville the brakes are locked up. I took the drum off the rear right tire thats all I did than I put back on. When I started the car up the rpms felt like they were rising than it droped itself down to normal rpms. I went to take it for a drive and the brakes were completely locked up. What could this be and how do I fix it. Thanks.
Sean03

Remove the drum again and inspect for the linings breaking up.

Did you have to beat the drum on?

No I didnt have to beat the drum on it slid right on. I took the drum off and put wd-40 on the wheel cylinder nut than I put liquid wrench on the cylinder nut to.I may have loosened the wheel cylinder. I took the wrench and put it on it and taped it two times. No oil was coming out of it. I didnt retighten the wheel cylinder when I put it all back together. I put the cap back on the cylinder. I was going to bleed the brakes today but I didnt have enough brake fluid to do it. I wanted to bleed all of them in one day. I did not bleed them. If I bleed them tomorrow will it loosen up the pedel. The problem I had before there was no brakes I had to push the pedel down to the floor to stop. That was why I was going to bleed them. I replaced the master cylinder and the brake booster. Thanks.

Sean03
Air is most likely in the system. You need to bleed all the wheels again.

Nut on the wheel cylinder>> do you mean the mounting bolts?

Yeah thats what I ment you turn it to open it up and the bleed it then tighten it back up. My cruise control servo went it wants to keep reving the motor. Something broke inside the cruise control servo. When I took it off it sounded like something broke inside.

Sean03