CALIPER

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

What is the torque specification for the 2 caliper bolts on a 1992 cadillac deville. Also what is the torque specification on the brake line that plugs in the back. Thanks.
Sean03

I have never seen Any mechanic use a torque wrench for either. Snug and perhaps 20 ft. Lbs. Tighten the banjo bolt until it dorsnt leak. Use the new copper compression washefs.

Merlin2021
Sorry for the mispells. Fingers dont fit android keys.

Merlin2021
See below

Jess tell me you break out the torque wrench on simple brake jobs.

Merlin2021
This was my first of replacing a caliper ever. My dad usually cranks down on them tight with a regular wrench. I dont have that much muscle. I read the directions and it said torque brake caliper to orignal manufactures rating. Next time I will crank down on them with a regular wrench like I just did. Thanks.

Sean03
Mike-A torque wrench can be supplement by play by ear stuffs-not too tight and not too loose-lol. To answer your Q-the only time I use it, is when I'm rebuilding an engine

I remember my little inch pound tork wrench lol

Cadieman
Yep. Thanks for the honesty, I only use it then too, and front hub bearing!

Merlin2021
Yup! On the bearing we have to make sure that's tightened properly-you don't want to be going down the street and it comes off on you-you'll be in heap of trouble