LEFT REAR BRAKE BACKING

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

On my 1992 cadillac deville it is front wheel drive. I had to grind the wheel cylinder off. The backing plate is messed up. Called the dealer the backing plate has been discontinued. How do you take the backing plate off. It sucks because I have to get it inspected this month. If you could pictures would be nice and also if you could give me step by step instructions or something close to it it would be great Thanks.
Sean03

You'll have to pull the c clips from the axle pull the axle out and it should unbolt then com eoff with the brake assy. You'll have to undo the brake line to the wheel cylinder. There is a clip that holds wheel cylinder off must be removed, disconnect parking brake and remove. Revers procedure for install. Refill rear axle, bleed brakes.

My 1992 cadillac deville is front wheel drive. Their is no axle in the back or does it. Thanks.

Sean03
Oops yep forgot about that one. So jut omit the axle part. Although you will probably have to take wheel bearing out. It should be easy enough to do.

Ok thanks for your help.

Sean03
My wheel bearing has an abs sensor on it. It looks like it is an allen wrench but they will not come out any suggestions.

Sean03
It's probably a torx bit for it, it will have to come out try spraying penetrating oil on it and let it sit then see if bolt will undo. Otherwise you may end up buying a new sensor as well.

Ok thanks that was what I was checking on. Thanks for your time and help.

Sean03
IF IT'S A TORX, OR THIS WILL ALSO WORK WITH AN ALLEN SCREW

SEE MY INCREDIBLE ANSWERS AT THIS POST!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-saturn-outlook-remove-rr-brake-rotor-outlook-necessary-torx-retainer-same-o

LET US KNOW HOW THINGS TURN OUT

GO TO A U PULL IT. SLIDE THE DRUM OFF REMOVE BRAKE HARDWARE. REMOVE THE 4 BOLTS THAT HOLD THE HUB ON. THE ONLY THING HOLDING THE PLATE THEN IS THE BRAKE LINE. REMOVE IT THEN REMOVE THE PLATE. THIS CAN BE DONE WITH REG. METRIC SOCKETS.

Cadieman
One of the hub bolts are stripped the top right side. Any idea how I can get it off.

Sean03
Page 1 of 3