Wont start after replacing crankshaft position sensor a couple of days ago

GRANDMAOFABZ
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
  • AWD
Recently replaced the crankshaft position sensor and shes been running great. Two days ago the check engine light came on I drove it a total of four blocks. Since then and yesterday she turns over, but wont start. Could it be fouled plugs?
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 3:49 PM

AL514
You are going to have to find out what the code is that caused the check engine light to come on, The ECM must be scanned and I am willing to bet it will lead you directly to the problem. If you can at least get the code number we can find out its meaning. You can buy scan tools for cheap these days, most auto parts stores sell them less than about eighty dollars.
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 3:55 PM
AL514
Some auto parts will scan the ECM for free if you just ask. Just write down the code number and we will get right on it.
+1
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:07 PM
GRANDMAOFABZ
Does it have to be running to scan?
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:11 PM
AL514
Nope, just key in "on" position.
+1
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:16 PM
AL514
It is pretty easy, if you buy a scanner it will come with instructions or we can talk you through it. We are always here to help. =)
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:17 PM
RENEE
Hi GRANDMAOFABZ,

If you decide you would like to conduct the scan yourself here is a link to an article that features written step by step instructions and pictures explaining how to do the scan yourself, also I have included a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning.

This is applicable even if your check engine light is not on.

Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one online from sites like Amazon.com

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k

Once you have the codes please get back to us so that we can further assist you. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.com.

Kindest regards,

Renee
Admin
+1
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 AT 3:11 PM