Wipers are not working why?

VIPER303
  • 2011 FORD F-150
Wipers quit working. I have changed the fuse, relay, and switch and nothing fixed it. I found that the Rain Sensor Fuse is not getting power and when I go directly from the battery to the fuse everything works how they should. What would cause the fuse not to get power if I do not have the rain sensor option on my vehicle?
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 AT 6:11 AM

KEN

There is an ACC RUN relay that needs to be checked here is giudie to help and the wiper wiring diagrams so you can see how they work also the relay location.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Here are the fuse panel diagrams and the location of the relay. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Thursday, October 25th, 2018 AT 7:06 PM
VIPER303
It was the RUN/ACC fuse #10. Thanks for the help. I figured there was somewhere it was getting power from but was not sure where to look.
Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 AT 8:54 AM
KEN
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime. Thanks for getting back.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 AT 12:15 PM
CLIFF634
  • 2007 FORD F-150
I checked the power going to the wiper motor and the fuses are good. No power getting to the wiper motor, so I changed the wiper switch and I still not getting any to the motor. I also noticed that when I turn the key to the on position the windows and radio and fuel gages takes about 30 seconds to start working.
Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 AT 6:42 PM (Merged)
KASEKENNY1
You should have 4 wires on the motor. We need to know what voltage you have on the red wire and then dark green wire. Also, we should have ground on the other 2 so you should put your red meter lead on battery positive and then the black on the ground wires and you should have 12 volts. If not then we have a ground issue.

Below is the wiring diagram for this.

Let me know what the voltage is on each of these wires and we can go from there. Thanks
CLIFF634
I did like you suggested I tested the red wire it was 12.73 and the green wire showed 00.00 and I tested the black ground to the red positive and I got 12.73 and I did try to check the wires around the switch and only found three hot wires but I not sure if I was doing it right. I did try everything with the key and wiper on. So I am still lost, lol.
KASEKENNY1
Okay. So we need to check the central fuse box fuse 1. That directly feeds this wire so if you have 12 volts on both sides of the fuse then we have a wiring issue between there and the wiper.

You check the fuse by touching the metal tab on the top of the fuse with your red meter lead and the black on ground with the key on and wipers on.

Let me know what you find with this and we can go the next step.
CLIFF634
Thanks for the help. Found what was wrong, my son pulled the fuses out to test to see how many volts had and saw fuse box was corroded sprayed some electrical cleaner on them, and is working fine.
KASEKENNY1
Sounds great. Thanks for the update. Just keep that in mind if other things start happening or this issue reappears. Normally when you find corrosion it was there from a leak so it may come back. If so, at least you know the cause so at that point, you just have to find where the moisture is coming from.

Thanks for the update as I am sure that info will help others.
JOEAV55
  • 2005 FORD F-150
Wiper wont work. Checked fuse and its good
Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 AT 6:46 PM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
Pinpoint test a: the wipers are inoperative normal operation under normal operation the front wiper motor receives power through circuit 1671 (rd) and circuit 65 (dg). the front wiper motor is grounded through circuits 875 (bk/lb) and 57 (bk).

the front wiper motor receives open and ground inputs from the multifunction switch through circuits 485 (pk/bk), 680 (lb/og), 1300 (pk), and 1301 (ye) to activate the wipers to the appropriate speeds. possible causes open in circuits circuit 65 (dg), 485 (pk/bk), 680 (lb/og), 1300 (pk), 1301 (ye), or 1671 (rd).

Inoperative multifunction switch. Inoperative wiper motor. pinpoint test a: the wipers are inoperative a1 check circuits 65 (dg) and 1671 (rd) for voltage key in off position. disconnect: windshield wiper motor c125. key in on position. measure the voltage between windshield wiper c125-5, circuit 1671 (rd), harness side and ground; and between windshield wiper motor c125-8, circuit 65 (dg), harness side and ground. fig. 5: checking circuits 65 (dg) and 1671 (rd) for voltage courtesy of ford motor co. are the voltages greater than 10 volts?

yes : go to a2. no : repair the circuit(s) in question. test the system for normal operation a2 check circuits 57 (bk) and 875 (bk/lb) for opens key in off position. measure the resistance between windshield wiper c125-6, circuit 57 (bk), harness side and ground; and between windshield wiper motor c125-3, circuit 875 (bk/lb), harness side and ground. fig. 6: -->checking circuits 57 (bk) and 875 (bk/lb) for opens courtesy of ford motor co. are the resistances less than 5 ohms?

yes : go to a3. no : repair the circuit(s) in question. test the system for normal operation.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_5_7.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_1_30.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_2_28.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_3_27.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_4_13.jpg

are the resistances less than 5 ohms?

yes : go to a6. no : repair the circuit(s) in question. test the system for normal operation. a6 check for correct wiper motor operation disconnect the wiper motor connector. check for: corrosion pushed-out pins connect the wiper motor connector and make sure it seats correctly. operate the system and verify the concern is still present. is the concern still present?

yes : install a new windshield wiper motor. refer to windshield wiper motor

no : the system is operating correctly at this time. Concern may have been caused by a loose or corroded connector. test the system for normal operation.
MARIEPITBULL22
  • 2002 FORD F-150
I blew out a tire on the front passenger side. Really bad. Was going 80 MPH on the interstate, and it blew. It cut cords under the hood. As far as I can, it looked like the radio cord (not something i'm stressed about) and another cord was cut from the blow out. It was so bad, it shut the engine fuel system off to keep the truck from driving again. I even had a bad water pump and the belt and water pump broke off not long after. I got those fixed and replaced already. But now i'm struggling with the windshield wipers and I am trying to figure out if it is the cord or the motor. The fuse is fine, I have already checked to see if it was blown. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about vehicles but since my blowout, I have learned so much. So please excuse me if I'm not able to fully comprehend everything, i'm still learning. Is there any way I can check the motor to see if it works? And if it does, I can see if it's the cord.
KASEKENNY1
The only way we are going to know for sure what is causing this is to test voltage at the motor to find out if it is getting there or not. So we need to turn the switch on low and test voltage on each of the 5 wires and let me know what you have. Then we can find out what the next steps are.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

I included the wiring diagram below that will help with this.

Let me know the voltage at each wire position and then we will know what to do next. Thanks
JANIEFAY
  • 1998 FORD F-150
I have a 1998 Ford F 150 and the drivers side wiper quit working this morning
Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 AT 6:48 PM (Merged)
WRENCHER1
1. Remove the cowl top vent panels.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/78555789.gif

2. Remove the mounting arm and pivot shaft.

1 Disconnect the electrical connector.
2 Remove the bolts.
3 Remove the mounting arm and pivot shaft.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 AT 6:49 PM (Merged)
KRIS65
  • 1997 FORD F-150
My wipers have stopped working and I am sure it is a fuse. Any ideas as to which number is the wipers. I don't have an owners manual. Thanks. Kris
KEN

Here is a guide that will show you how to check the fuses and some diagrams that will show you the fuse panels and the identification. (below)

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
-1
KENNETH MAURER
  • 1992 FORD F-150
  • RWD
It is my girl friend's truck, But she Exspect ME to diagnose the promblem & then fix IT? We Replaced the wiper motor, didn't Help? I bought a new relay, have no clue as to where the relay is located? Yes I own a test light, & yes I should buy a newer digital volt/ohm meter? I was an "A" mechanic at Stark Area Regional Transit Authority, untii I retired in 1998, after 20 years there. So, could you guys assist me in some troubleshooting tips $ maybe a wiring diagram for this antiquated, but good looking truck? I look forward to your reply! Also by the way, the e-mail you sent me, the link did not work? So, send me an e-mail with your response to my questions & a 2nd one with a link where as, that e-mail contained no info for my questions?And, Lastly I did already sent a $ 10.00 donation to speed things along. Ken Maurer
Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 AT 6:50 PM (Merged)
Circuit breaker two is in fuse panel however there can be a couple of other things wrong with this, the multi function switch on steering column or the wiper control module under dash to right of steering column. You have to have this scanned with a scanner to see if that is the problem however see if the dark/green wire has power as that should with key on always. The switch grounds out the motor to complete the circuit but goes through module.
+7

Sponsored links