Water pump replacement

PHILLIP TUCKER
  • 2013 FORD TAURUS
I need to replace the water pump. I am trying to come up with a list of all the parts I need to replace during the process. I also am confused does the motor have to be pulled or can I get away with just loosening the motor mount jacking the motor up so I can gain access to the water pump?
Monday, May 27th, 2019 AT 5:02 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

I have included in the diagrams down below the first part of the directions for the removal and installation of your vehicle's water pump. The directions are quite extensive, so I am sending along the first 50 diagrams below. I will sent the remainder in the next reply that I send to you.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, May 27th, 2019 AT 8:00 AM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

Here is the rest of the instructions for the removal and installation of your vehicle's water pump. They are in the diagrams down below. Please go through them and get back to us with how everything turns out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 AT 4:19 AM
PHILLIP TUCKER
What other fliuds and other items should be changed out while it's disassembled?
Thursday, June 13th, 2019 AT 3:33 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

I would recommend replacing the gasket, and then doing a flush and fill. As always, make sure you use the proper antifreeze in the cooling system to keep electrosis from happening. I have included in the diagrams down below the specs for your vehicle's cooling system.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Friday, June 14th, 2019 AT 8:49 PM