LOOSE POWER STERING WITH LOW SPEED

1999 Volvo S80

mikki77

November, 14, 2009 AT 4:32 AM

Steering problem
1999 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99000 miles

Hi my car volvo s 80 t6 1999 year, my power steering is not working when the car is on place(parking itc.), Starting to work when getting some speed. Thank You a lot for the answer

JIS001

November, 14, 2009 AT 4:49 PM

Do you have a power steering noise as well/ Have you checked the level? If low then you will need to check to see where it is leaking. Keep me posted and let me know what is going on? You could also have an electrical problem?

mikki77

November, 15, 2009 AT 7:04 AM

Tank You for the answer. There is no leak , and there is no noise as well, its just not working when on place and is getting to work when geting some speed, I was thinking maybe power steering speed sensor or something like that went bad, I know there is 3 sensor conected with this option, but im not sure the computer will read separete for each one or will tell me about the general power steering problem. Im sorry for my broken english, im writing to you from europe. Thank You

JIS001

November, 15, 2009 AT 4:57 PM

Check your fuses on the side of the dash on the driver side. Look at fuses #32 and 33. If they are bad replace them and see if the blow again. If they do then you have a short circuit. Let me know what happens.

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200