1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Drain the engine coolant.
3. Disconnect the heater inlet hoses at the firewall.
4. Inside the vehicle, remove the center console side panels. Disconnect the temperature control cables at the heater case.
5. Remove the left and right air distribution ducts.
6. In the engine compartment, remove the cowl cover and remove the air distribution housing cover.
7. Inside the vehicle, remove the lower housing retaining clips and remove the housing.
On vehicles equipped with A/C the heater box also contains the A/C system evaporator mounted in the lower housing cover. When removing the lower cover on these models lay the cover and evaporated aside WITHOUT disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
8. Remove the bolts retaining the heater case and remove the case.
9. Remove the clips holding the case together and split the case, the heater core can now be removed.
10. Insert the heater core into the case, then reassemble it.
11. Install the case into the vehicle. Attach the lower heater case cover to the heater case. Install the air distribution ducts and the control cables.
12. Install the center console side panels. Reconnect the heater inlet hoses. Install the air distribution housing cover and the cowl.
13. Fill the cooling system to the proper level.
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 8:40 PM