2000 Volkswagen Beetle Manual 53000 miles
Three nights ago, the coolant level sensor light came on in my 2000 Beetle. The level looked low, so I added antifreeze. Drove home (20 miles) without problem. The following day, drove about 10 miles and the light came on again. The antifreeze level looked okay, but added a dribble of antifreeze. Hours later, I drove home, and again the light came on after about 10 miles. (Each time I continued driving for approx. 3-5 miles.) Didn't drive yesterday. This morning, the level looked the same, but the car would not start. The engine did turn over, but then just shut down. Could this be anything more than just needing a new coolant level sensor?
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 AT 2:06 PM