Okay, in that case it has likely dropped into the heater case itself. There are a couple ways to retrieve it. However you might try cycling the air from the dash to the floor a couple times and see if you are lucky enough that it falls through and out. The next method involves getting one of the endoscope cameras off eBay. Then remove the air vent director from the port and use the camera to go in and find the item. As it's glass a magnet won't work, but if you took some sticky material like blue tack or double stick tape you may be able to snake the camera in and stick it to the item and retrieve it.
Lastly would be to go into the system manually by removing the dash trim panel and the ducting to get inside. That isn't a fun or easy job so I would probably try the other methods first. If you have no luck that way the first image it the duct you need to remove. The second is the dash pad. These are the steps for removal of the dash pad. The numbers missing apply to the other version of this car that were sold as an Oldsmobile.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the instrument panel outer trim covers.
3. Disable the SIR system.
4. Remove the side upper garnish moldings from the windshield pillar.
5. Remove the defroster grille.
7. Remove the IP insulators.
8. Remove the glove compartment.
9. Remove the passenger airbag inflator module.
10. Remove the accessory trim plate.
12. Remove the cluster trim plate.
13. Remove the gauge cluster.
14. Remove the radio.
15. Remove the HVAC control assembly.
16. Remove the steering wheel.
17. Remove the multifunction turn signal lever.
18. Remove the cup holder.
19. Remove the bracket fasteners to the floor console center support.
20. Remove the bolts from the ignition switch.
22. Remove the fog lamp switch.
23. Disconnect the outboard electrical connections from the electrical junction block.
24. Remove the screws connecting the instrument panel to the cross car beam.
25. Remove the instrument panel and pad.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 AT 5:49 AM