Overheating bubble blowing

BARRYRUSSELL
  • TOYOTA TERCEL
First time on this site so forgive me for any format errors and my ignorance of car mechanics. I have a 1986 Toyota Tercel. Just had the head gasket replaced at a local high school (possible mistake number one). This stopped the "geyser effect" of the radiator. Two weeks later, I am overheating again with bubbles replacing the geyser. The temp gauge did not show the temp change but the car started bucking like a bronco. The motor now sounds like it needs a major valve adjustment. So, any suggestions on the overheating and does it sound like an irreversible engine damage?
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006 AT 3:04 PM

Have the cooling system pressure tested it will id the problem. Further did they check on the w/pump.
Saturday, March 18th, 2006 AT 3:16 AM
Engine oil looks milky or white smoke coming out of the tail pipe

This Tercel comes with a good running 3A engines. Own one before-cheap on gas I can go anywhere
Saturday, March 18th, 2006 AT 7:24 AM
BARRYRUSSELL
I'll check the oil color and for the color of smoke today then get back to you. Thanks
Saturday, March 18th, 2006 AT 7:32 AM