POWER LOCKS AND INTERIOR LIGHTS

2001 Toyota Sienna

sehenry2000

August, 3, 2010 AT 9:42 PM

2001 Toyota Sienna 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

1. The remote does not work at all 2. The power lock button on the driver and passenger doors do nothing when pushed unless the key is turned on 3. Interior lights do not work at all 4. Clock built into dash does not light up

Could it be a fuse?

All of this appeared to occur at once within the last day. My wife tells me the temperature/compass reading in the rear-view mirror acted up in the last day or so but since then has cleared up (99 DegF here in the day)

Check engine light has been on for a year and we're told it's the computer. That hasn't changed.

Panel Lights Dont Work

Glowing Lights

Docfixit

August, 4, 2010 AT 1:56 PM

Hi Check gague fuse in box left of dash a 10 AMP
Also was a code retrived from PCM? If so what was code?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

sehenry2000

August, 5, 2010 AT 7:57 PM

Bought a tester and 10 amp fuse for " Gauge" is OK. Other ideas?

My wife took the van in so I don't have the code. Maybe I can get a shop to check again and tell me the actual code.

sehenry2000

August, 6, 2010 AT 7:47 AM

What's a good code reader for me to buy so I could check it myself? I'm fairly mechanical but never dealt too much past alternator replacement as far as electrical.

sehenry2000

August, 6, 2010 AT 7:50 AM

#P0440, P0441, P0446

Docfixit

August, 6, 2010 AT 11:22 AM

Codes in that particlar sequence indicates loose or defective fuel tank cap. An Actron CP 9575 excellent scan tool runs about $145 Auto Zone has good selection from $40 up. Check or replace cap clear codes by removing EFI 15 amp fuse in engine compartment box. See if they reset

sehenry2000

August, 28, 2010 AT 10:29 PM

Fuse was the problem and those lock and light problems disappeared. But then engine light came back on and now I have Code 1135. Air Fuel Ratio Sensor

I bought an Actron 9580. Has the code description built in along with likely fix.

I bought a Bosch Wideband A/F sensor (goes in exhaust pipe at front of engine just under the hood).
Sound like this is the fix?

Docfixit

August, 29, 2010 AT 12:53 PM

The one to replace for that code on rear (firewall side) exhaust manifold

beveybs

September, 29, 2015 AT 10:23 AM

Which fuse was the problem? I took mine to a store and told them I needed to replace whichever fuse was causing almost no interior lights (only left side of dash and a/c controls worked) and no locks unless you did each door manually. I really need to get this fixed, but I don't have much money to fix it.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Window Switch Replacement and Test