Power sliding door won't open?

HERB FREEMAN
  • 2005 TOYOTA SIENNA
  • AWD
Recently our passenger side power sliding door stopped opening both automatically and manually. It no longer makes any noise when pushing the automatic button and is unable to be opened at all now. I have checked the door switch and made sure it was turned on, I have checked the fuses and plug-ins and all seem to be in working order. It is a huge inconvenience to have this door not functioning, I welcome any suggestions you may have that could assist me in troubleshooting this problem. Thank You
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 9:14 AM

DAVE H
It sounds like you have a slider motor that is burned out but to be sure lets test for power and the motor using a test light. Here is a guide to check for power and the diagrams for the wiring so you can see how it works and diagrams to help you take the side door apart.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+1
Thursday, February 25th, 2010 AT 7:20 PM
GZUS7FREEK
Thanks for this post! I got a new motor from Rock Auto ($114.00) and installed it works great again!
Sunday, October 7th, 2018 AT 6:53 PM
DAVE009
  • 2006 TOYOTA SIENNA
When you push the button is just make a sound and wont open. It like make a sound and then close itself.
Sunday, October 7th, 2018 AT 6:58 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS
Describe the noise if you can
ANDREWR 123
  • 2004 TOYOTA SIENNA
A couple weeks ago, when opening our passenger side power sliding door, the cable system malfunctioned and the door went off track, shattering our rear vent window. The door would not longer open automatically and we cut the cable. We used the door as a manual door only after witching the door power off. One morning, the door would not open. The latch has broken. The automatic part of the latch is still functioning. Is it possible to repair it without taking the door off. It will not open at all.
KHLOW2008
Replacing a door latch does not require the door to be removed. You only need to figure out how to get the door open. Removing the door trim is the first thing you need to do.
ANDREWR 123
The screws to open the trim are front facing. I cant get to them without somehow opening the door or removing the b pillar cover. I do not know how to do that.
KHLOW2008
You would somehow need to force the trim out to get to the door latch to open the door. Sorry I don't have any trick tips for you.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2001 TOYOTA SIENNA
  • 156 MILES
I can't open sliding side door. It opens 1/4 inch then stops. Not locked. I did have someone take inside panel off to fix a exterior dent 5 days ago. Maybe a screw came loose. How do I access the inside of the door from inside the car since I can't open it to get in on the side?
KHLOW2008
Something could have been dislodged and to access the door without the ability to open it, you would need to force the door panel off after removing screws holding the panel.
KATIEE2001
  • 2001 TOYOTA SIENNA

I recently had to replace my battery and afterwards my side sliding door will not work automatically. I never had a problem with it before. I can only work it manually now. Is there some sort of reprogramming that can be done to fix this problem. I could not find an answer in the owners manual. Thanks
1JACKW
  • 2005 TOYOTA SIENNA
When I open and close the driver's side door, it makes both a squeaking and popping noise. I can feel a metal piece in the door that is moving as I open and close the door. I am positive that is where the noises are coming from. The metal piece is held in place by two nuts and bolts. The top nut is as tight as I can get it. I tried to tighten the bottom nut with a ratchet wrench, and I feel resistence as I tighten, but it never really gets any tighter. I tried to take off the inside door panel, but there is no access. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this myself, or do I need to break down and bring it do a dealership or other mechanic?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jack
JVESTER00
Hi Jack,

Having the same problem with my 05 Sienna. Called dealership today. Toyota has extended the warranty due to problems with the door for up to 100,000 miles. It is a two day repair drop off, which is the down side. Hope this helps.

Janet
SUESON
Janet what dealership told you this, because mine said my warranty is up but I am only at 72,000.00 miles so I am under that. Please help me out with some info, my door is loud!
I also complained several times while under warranty about squeaky door and noise, they only offered to pay for half, I disagree, they need to cover complete cost.
If you could help with some more info for me I would surely appreciate it because I have exhausted all avenues.
God bless you
BILL PRENO
  • 2002 TOYOTA SIENNA
I can't get the door to operate tried all switches dead in the water, however door does work manually, I don't have a clue need some help.
Check fuses first and relays it in left driverside junction block then get it scanned may be a module.
BILL PRENO
Thank you very much for your help, however I did check fuses, and did also check relay by using 1 like it from where they are, I am now in the process of opening dash to check switch, I was in there to replace dash bulbs wish me luck.
BILL PRENO
I have solved the mystery, switch on the left side of the steering column was disconnected apparently when I removed instrument panel to replace bulbs, now I feel like a dumb a** thank you for all your help.
Hey we al make mistakes. Its easy to do.
THATSNICE99
  • 2003 TOYOTA SIENNA
Both sliding doors are locked and cannot be opened. The lock does not come out from the locked positiion. How do I fix.