1990 Toyota Pickup FRONT ROTOR DISK

LABADIL
  • 1990 TOYOTA PICKUP
Brakes problem
1990 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 214K miles

Hello. May I know how you remove a front rotor disk on a 4wd? I'm not sure if i need to remove the screw in the middle. I looked at the back of the rotor there's no other screws is holding the disk. Is there a special tool to take it out? Thank you.
//www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/564516_IMG_1669_2.jpg[/img]

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/564516_IMG_1667_2.jpg

Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 11:24 AM

SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1990_toyota_truck_4_wheel_drive_rotor_1.jpg

1. Remove caliper as described under CALIPER SERVICE.
2. Remove cap and snap ring, Fig. 10, then remove cone washers with tapered punch.
3. Insert suitable length bolts into flange bolt holes, then tighten bolts evenly and remove flanges.
4. Remove free wheel hub cover and snap ring, then remove nut, spring washer and cone washer with suitable tapered punch.
5. Remove free wheel hub body and gasket.
6. Remove locknut, lock washer and adjusting nut.
7. Remove axle hub and brake disc as an assembly.
8. Remove oil seal and inner bearing from hub.
9. Reverse procedure to install. Torque adjusting nut to 43 ft. lbs., then back off nut. Torque nut to 18 ft. lbs. Using spring scale attached to hub bolt, check that preload is 1.4-12.6. Install lockwasher and locknut, if equipped. Torque locknut to 35 ft. lbs., and recheck preload. Secure lockwasher by bending one tab inward and one tab outward.
There you go i also emailed you the diagram so you can figure out what part's there talking abou tin the instruction's.
Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 12:22 PM
LABADIL
The diagram and procedure will help me to work on my problem. Thank you so much for your early response. Your website is greatly appreciated.
Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 1:46 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome that's what were here for.
Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 2:05 PM