Why doesn't my AC compressor come on at the switch even thou

ISA9A
  • TOYOTA COROLLA

On my 1993 toyota corolla (1.8 liter - 120,000 miles) the ac compressor clutch burned and I replace the compressor with a new switch. I vacuum the system and filled with freon. I turn the switch on and the compressor will not come on. I applied 12 volts at the compressor clutch and it came on. I tried at the switch again and even bought a new switch and the compressor still does not come on. I checked fuses and still the compressor did not come on. Is it possible I missed a fused, or fusible link that is hidden are in an unseen location? Please help me!
I would also like to know if a metal timing chain can be put on the corolla instead of a belt.

Wednesday, April 26th, 2006 AT 10:16 AM

LOSONE

The compressor requires a correct refrigerant charge providing power to the A/C relay it must be energized and provides power to the compressor. There is also an A/C amplifier in the circuit. Good luck

Monday, May 1st, 2006 AT 11:58 AM