I think I killed my car!

Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me because I am really worried that I destroyed my car :( ! I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla that has had NO problems in the year that I've had it. This evening, it was raining and foggy and another car hit my car in the back. Now he didn't smash into it or anything but the road was really slippery and he and I were both trying to stop as we were sliding down a bend in the road. His car like bumped my car and since I was already sliding I slammed into the curb. I totally saw my car going for the curb and I tried swerving the wheel and hitting the brake but there was no hope. Anyway, we both stopped and I checked my car in the front, everything LOOKED fine, the tire wasn't even flat. There was no damage in the back either and since my car seemingly had no damage I told him it was okay to go away.

BIG MISTAKE :x ! After he left I tried to drive away too and realized the the driver side front wheel was pushed to the back of the wheel well. I mean its like rubbing against the back and when I drive the steering wheel is turning upside when I try to drive straight and I cant make left turns easily, I literally have to back up and try again to make a simple left turn. I know this sounds serious and everyone keeps saying it may be the axel but I don't even know what that is. I don't want to report it to my insurance because I already pay 420 per month for my coverage! I am hoping someone can tell me what it sounds like the problem may be and also how much it may cost. Any advice, help, or assistance is appreciated!

Sad on Christmas Day :(,
Do you
have the same problem?
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 AT 4:48 AM

1 Reply

There is a part in your front end that is called the strut rod, it runs from the front frame area to the bottom control arm, if you broke it when you hit the curb; it will cause the wheel to move back since it keeps the wheel from moving in the wheelwell. To see if it is broken or damaged. Look under the front of the car by the drivers wheel, It will be a rod that attaches to the lower supsension and goes over to the frame of the car, it will be bolted to the supension and will have some big rubber bushings( round rubber mounts) where it goes through the frame of the car. If it is broken or damaged just replace it. If it is not that you may want to take the car to a front end shop and have them look at it to find out what is broke or damaged in your front end. Good luck and hope this helps.

Was this
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 AT 6:09 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides