2002 Toyota Corolla Starting Problem

NANCCINUT
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
Had new battery 750CCAinstalled $100.00, all cables and belts checked -14.4 volts at battery when running! Had starter/selinoid rebuilt -$200.00
No check engine lights, plug pulled looked fine!
Taking two turns of key to start car that rolls over for a few turns then DEAD silence best way to describe it. Turn key back to off, wait a few seconds turn key back to start to another few roll overs then usually barley starts with what I would call a empty vacumm sound followed by barley hearing the car is running and no sputtering or missing once started. Seems like first moring start is when it does this more than mid dayStarted back mid Septand thought it was battery. Heard there is no ignition relay for this car but a modual behind key. What is your best guess with HUGE THANKS in advance and show a scematic of starter system for me to see again with thanks-nanccinut
Saturday, January 5th, 2008 AT 12:35 PM

FISHERMAN
Hello!

Looks to me like the starter its not working the way is supposed to, its "WEAK".

Remove it and bench test it.

There s nothing wrong with the wiring, its receiving the "signal" to start but gets weak and stop functioning.

Check that and the wire that feeds it (the one that come from the battery for a good tight conection.

Good luck!
Saturday, January 5th, 2008 AT 12:53 PM
JACK42
That car has a starter relay in the underhood relay/power center. Might not be able to handle the load and it is releasing the contact.
Sunday, January 6th, 2008 AT 7:47 AM
FISHERMAN
Jack its right check that reley also, the relay can be faulty here the schematic on the starting circuit:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/576_2002_corolla_starting_1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/576_2002_corolla_starting_2_1.jpg

+1
Sunday, January 6th, 2008 AT 11:13 AM
NANCCINUT
Sending Fisherman a PM message and thanks lads have located purple relayin main engine fuse block. Thanks lads hope this may be the culprid.-Nanccinut
-1
Sunday, January 6th, 2008 AT 1:17 PM
FISHERMAN
Got your PM I sent the full size pictures to your email.

Good Luck and let us know how are you doing.

And if you are happy with our help, if possible a donation is alway appreciate!

Good Luck and best regards!
Sunday, January 6th, 2008 AT 1:57 PM
BLACK COROLLA
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
Electrical problem 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 127, 00 miles

I have a 2002 corolla that was running perfectly fine, and the one day I had a couple of errands to run so I drove the car to a few different places and when I parked it a few hours later I got in to leave and it wouldn't start.I guess my main question is what problem could this be since before hand there were no tell tale signs of anything wrong. Im thinking fuse? Or something electrical, when I turn the key there is NO sound and the battery isn't that old so I don't think it would be that. Please help
-1
Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 7:39 PM (Merged)
KEN

It sounds like the battery cable is loose on the battery or you have a bad connection.

Here is a guide that will help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/everything-goes-dead-when-engine-is-cranked

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
2002 Toyota Corolla mileage: 60,000. I have never had any problems with my car in the two years that I have owned it. Then three weeks ago while driving down the road the engine dies and will not start again. I had it towed to a shop. They thought that it was the injector module. The distributor was replaced along with the timing belt. The computer was already scanned for codes and injector pulse code came up. Noid light indicates injector pulse. Basically, got spark, fuel, and compression. No run/wet plugs. Why? Any ideas?
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
First, verify that the timing belt was installed properly. If okay, you may have one or more leaking fuel injectors which are causing your no start problem.
NIRAV.PARIKH
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
2002 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles

Hello, I have K-9 Mundial alarm system installed on my corolla 2002 model. This is a after marke alarm system. Recently I had a problem with the alarm system as in the car gate would open again and again even if the unlock key is not pressed and the LED indicator on the remote stayed lit all the time. This happened for a day and someone said this could be because of a dead battery and I replaced the abttery but still the problem did not go away. Then the next problem started that the car would not get unlocked at all by the remote and it would start honking as soon I tried to open with the key. Then I read online that we can disable the alarm by a valet override switch located near the drivers dash area.

When I tried to use this option of turning the ignition on and pressing the valet switch and then the alarm LED in the car went off, but from then on the car does not start at all. I mean the ignition does not work, the engine check and all light also do not come up. It looks like the ignition is blocked. What can I do in this case, I am without a car due to this issue. Can you suggest some option at the earliest so that I can atleast start my car and take it to technician. Thanks for all the help
DSPLC
This might work. Look for the main unit of the K9 Mundial. It might be located above the steering column/ close to the hood release lever . There should be a K9 marking on it. Unhook all the electrical socket connected to the K9 main unit, then try to start it. All power door locks will not work using remote.
Below is K9 Mundial 4 main unit, I do not know your model

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/89255_K9_2.jpg

[img]
-1
RAKIBMAIL22
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
2002 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120212 miles

when I start my car in the morning the engine knocks for the first 10 minutes. After the warm up everything is okay. And again when the engine stops for a several period that problem starts again.
MHPAUTOS
HI there,

I would be getting th engine oil pressure tested on cold start up, if there is a problem there you will be doing serious damage to the engine.