2002 TOYOTA COROLLA HIGH IDLE & LOW ENGINE OUTPUT

• robstoy
  • 2002 Toyota Corolla

2002 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 miles

I performed vaucuum chek with steady ready of 8 hg;
and after increase throttle the needle would decrease to zero. Does this indicate leaking intake manifold or throttle body leak? All vacuum hoses appear in good shape and couln't find any leaks. When I tried eng compression chek the needle on gage wouldnt hold any readings any suddenly decrease to zero. Could I have faulty gage?
i would appreciate your help

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 11:51 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there, thank you for the donation,

When you increase throttle percentage manifold vacuum will decrease this is normal, if you have a steady reading you wont have any serious vacuum leaks, I would say that your comp gauge is faulty, you may just need to unscrew the valve at the base of it and clean it as it will be dirty or just fit a new one there are just tyre valves.

Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 4:52 AM
  • robstoy

Thanks for reply to my questions; you were right about compression gage; it was faulty so rented new one from auto parts store; thanks again you were helpful.

Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 6:27 PM