Toyota Camry 92 will not start in damp weather

CAROLM
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY

In the last two months the ignition coil, distributor, plugs, ignitor, and timing belt have been replaced in my camry wagon. All of this because it died on me one morning just after I started to drive away from my house. Since then a couple of different mechanics have done various of the above mentioned work on it. It is running better, but still, sometimes after rainy weather it won't start. If I wait a day or two it will start again. What's up?

Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 6:03 PM

ZONER CHICK

The first thing I'd do is check the distributor cap. If there's a crack or it's not on, snug and in place, you'll get moisture inside and no ignition.
If that's good check that the coil is good. I've started taking my multimeter to the store to check the ohms before I even buy parts so they can't tell me my car ruined it and they won't take back an electrical part (Okay, I did lose the reciept, but the part was bad)

Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 10:01 PM