I HAD BATTERY REPLACED 8 MONTHS AGO AND I HAD ...

1992 Toyota Camry

Anonymous

I had battery replaced 8 months ago and I had mechanic check for all other possibilities of not starting. Car has 1/2 crank and then clicks. The next day car staeted quickly. The next day car wont start, does same. Had starter, alternator and battery checked- mechanic says they're all ok. Car is a 1992 toyota camry le 6 cylinder. This is 2nd, or 3rd, time this happened and mech. Says same. Right now car does not start, started yesterday. Please, any suggestions?

caradiodoc

If that click is rather loud and it only does it once each time you turn the ignition switch to "crank", suspect the solenoid contacts. It will crank after you turn the switch repeatedly, and the problem will get worse over a short period of time. The contacts can be replaced for about ten bucks. You can find the kits for Chrysler products in many hardware and farm and home stores. The contacts are the same as in your starter but the contact plungers only are available in two versions to fit Chryslers. If you need the plunger for a Toyota, that has to come from the Toyota dealer for three times the cost. Most of the time they are not needed.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right