HELP!!!

Toyota Camry

nancycole

September, 24, 2007 AT 9:26 PM

93 toyota camry/175,000 miles/automatic/4 wheel drive.

Last week my engine overheated. Replaced was the water pump, timing belt, thermostat and thermostat gasket total price$499.24.

I mmediately after the repair, upon getting back the following happened: I would accelerate, and the car did not pick up adequate speed based on the accelaration. When I was at a red light or came to a stop sighn, that is when the motor turned off, and the only way to avoid this is by putting it in neutral gear while at the red light. Took it back to the shop.I suspected they did not adjust the timing belt appropriately. But after 3 days of diagnosing the problem, they said it was the distributor, fuel filter and spark plugs, and they want to charge me $500.00 + dollars for this. I think they are full of it.I think I want to take the car in for a second opinion. What do you suspect the problem is? Thank you- nancy

Buzzsaw

September, 25, 2007 AT 1:35 AM

Is this a v6 or 4 cylinder ( 4 wheel drive I dought it )

if it ran fine from the shop, the belt should be checked, it coulda jumped if there was slack in it, its easy to fix the distributor, new coil and wires and plugs on 4 cyl.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang