ENGINE OVERHEATS AFTER 30 MINUTES

1993 Toyota Camry

Qrsthasan

July, 1, 2009 AT 7:52 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles

Hi: Good Morning.

Recently I have replaced radiator, thermostat, hoses, water pump, timing belt, valve cover gaskets etc. When the engine runs first 30 minutes the temperature is OK. After that it starts over heated and the coolant starts boilng in the plastic resorvoir tank and comes out of the bleeder vent pipe.

I checked the coolant circulation, it's OK, the water pump, fan, temperature gauge all are working. No white smoke from the exhaust, so perhaps not head gasket.

I am afraid of taking the car on the road. Please help. Thanks.

nahum

July, 5, 2009 AT 10:28 AM

juju120

July, 6, 2009 AT 9:50 PM

I also have a 93 camry. My car's engine would heat up then shut off without the fans ever kicking on. And the car would turn off wenever its idle usually at stoplights I had my friend who is a mechanic look at it today. He realized it was the temperature control sensor. And the fan switch that were bad. We went to autozone got new ones the total was about $40 and we replaced them. Now the car runs like new. They are located on the driver side of the engine. Jus unscrew them and put the new ones in

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230