STARTING PROBLEM

1992 Toyota Camry

Kevinplouffe

September, 24, 2007 AT 12:01 AM

1992 Toyota camry 2.2 litre 237,000 kms. I just bought this camry, and one day I started it and before I could drive away It stopped on its own. I tried starting it and it turmed over but wouldn't fire up. It has a full tank of gas, it has spark to the spark plug on the left(the only one I checked). The fuel pump seems to run, Could it be the fuel filter or is there a more common problem?

September, 24, 2007 AT 3:42 AM

Next time it stalls out immediately check for sparky and fuelly-one of this is not gonna show up. If both shows up, remove the air tube from TB inject fuel in it, if it fires up-

Check the actual fuel pressure-good pressure, crank engine over while listening to the injector/s-is it clicking-no clicking-check injector wire connector red/black-turn key to On-do you have power?

Okay we stop here till you come back.

Buzzsaw

September, 25, 2007 AT 1:44 AM

Okay we stop here till you come back.[/Quote: 40ee0b1194]

mark the distributor, only has 1 bolt, check the coil for burn marks, 1 thing to check, insted of pulling dist use a mirror to check, if its got burn marks replace coil and wires and plugs if not new ( use toyota parts )

September, 25, 2007 AT 1:55 AM

Take over this thread-you're doing good maybe if you knock this out I'll recommend Tech3-Holler when you need me you hea!!!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_icon77_5.gif

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement