, 190,000MI, V6 3.0L HELP!!

1992 Toyota Camry

Madmax1o12

September, 20, 2007 AT 2:02 PM

Ok, I had a blonde moment the other day, and my driveway is on a hill so I put the Emergency Brake on, just in case, and this morning when I left for school, I forgot to take it off, and drove about 1/4 mile to my school. Along the way, the car would randomly vibrate some, which was probably from me accelerating with the brake on? I hope this didn't cause any serious damage, and if so, what might it hurt? I just had a complete brake job done by a good friend; pads, rotors, the whole bit, so hopefully, they're still ok, right? Please help, I don't want my brakes to be worn down and fail on me suddenly! THANKS!

fisherman

September, 20, 2007 AT 2:37 PM

1/4 of a mile.
Thats not that bad.
How " tight" was the parking brake?

If it was " light" I don t think its a problem.
Anyhow make it check and " feel it" for any difference on the brakes.

Madmax1o12

September, 20, 2007 AT 8:18 PM

I'm not sure, but they feel like they're a little looser, like I have to press harder to apply more braking, and doesn't stop quite as fast, but I don't really remember how it well it was before, either.

fisherman

September, 20, 2007 AT 8:46 PM

Have them check.
Better to be on the " safe" side.
The brakes are the most important part of your vehicle.

Probably just got cristallized with the heat and some sanding make them new.

Good luck!

Madmax1o12

September, 20, 2007 AT 8:59 PM

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll probably have it checked out, or peek myself one day.

Also, is that your tacoma in your icon? Or one similar? I like the tacomas a lot, my dad just got a brand new 2007 tundra, and it's beautiful, an awesome truck. I love my camry too, old, but solid and runs strong, sounds awesome.

fisherman

September, 20, 2007 AT 9:20 PM

Anytime !

Yes I Own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma

Silver TRD SR5 V-6 Thats a Beauty!

Good Luck with your Car!

Madmax1o12

September, 21, 2007 AT 2:15 PM

One last thing, if I did just crystalize them, will they naturally wear back down?

fisherman

September, 21, 2007 AT 2:39 PM

Eventually. Yes. But you can use some sand paper on them (if they are cristallized )

Good luck!

Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front