1984 TOYOTA CAMRY STALLING IN THE MORNING

• Pheiman
  • 1984 Toyota Camry

Other Category problem
1984 Toyota Camry Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 225000 miles

I have an ancient Camry that I love to death - but lately she's been having some stalling trouble in the morning. Right when we hit the road she was stall and jitter when I attempt to accelerate. For the initial five minutes or so of driving in the morning she experiences this sputtering but then proceeds just fine. Driving back home from work she seems just fine. Are we looking at a possible faulty oxygen sensor?

Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 AT 12:06 PM

• rasmataz

What is it a Carb or an EFI system-try checking the choke plate could be sticking closed.

Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 AT 12:12 PM
  • Pheiman

It's an EFI system. Experienced similar trouble a few years back, but after replacing the distributor cap the problem was totally solved. Could it now be a spark plug issue?

Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 AT 12:51 PM
  • rasmataz

Give it a minor tune-up and replace the fuel filter and check out the idle air control valve and throttle position sensor.

Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 AT 12:54 PM