KEEP BLOWING AM1 FUSES

1995 Toyota 4Runner

valleycamp

July, 14, 2008 AT 9:29 PM

1995 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

hello
i recently had a total transmission job (3000) bucks, on my 1995 toyota 4runner, recently I have been blowing the am1 engine fuse (40 amp) and as soon as I places another one in it would run ok, but after I turned off the engine, and left on the accessories, it would blow the fuse, when I did get ti started I pulled the fuse while it was running, and I seemed to run better, but upon replacing it it would blowdoes this fuse work the transmission or just he starting system? And what might be a cause of this?

thanks
valleycamp

July, 15, 2008 AT 12:18 PM

Hi valleycamp,

When fuses keep blowing, there must be a shorting somewhere. If it does not blow immediately, it could be bare wires hanging and when it comes into contact with the body, it fuses.

The trans job could have something to do with it, get back to the garage and tell them your problem and ask them to rectify it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Prius
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995