Torque spec and sequence

FIREDAD313
  • 2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Replacing the head gaskets on my truck. I have found torque specs for the 5.3, but cannot seem to find any for the 4.8. Are they the same and if not what are they? I am needing:

head bolts
intake manifold
rocker install sequence
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 AT 5:29 AM

4.8 is same as a 5.3L. Here are diagrams below to show you the torque specs for the head, intake and rocker arms with a video to show you how to use a torque wrench correctly.

https://youtu.be/juOClONIWeY

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed. Cheers
+1
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 AT 6:42 AM
NE9458
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
We changed the head gaskets today and when we put it back together it is idling very high could you please give me an idea what to check to correct this problem.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 6:58 PM (Merged)
SCOTTY DEE
Start checking for vacuum leaks first. With the engine running, use some Berrymans or propane and go around the engine.
SHERRYRICK
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
We was told that we have the right side head gasket needs changed and if you do 1 you do both while its torn apart. Is there anyway of knowing if the head is cracked before we tare apart and what do you do if the head is cracked?
+1
Yes, you should replace both at the same time. As far as knowing if it is cracked, you need to have it off first.
CALLIEJOE224
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
OK -- My truck started leaking water out of the tail pipe yesterday morning. It wasnt alot and it stopped maybe an hour later. But now my check engine light came on. My dad thinks it sounds like a head gasket problem? Could you please helo me out with any suggestions to what this might indicate? Also, if it is a head gasket problem, would you know if it an expensive repair?
THANKS ALOT
MHPAUTOS
Hi there, Water out the tail pipe cold is normal, white smoke when hot is more a sign of a head gasket problem, this with a miss fire and overheating and coolant loss. First I would get a scan to check the set fault code, start here.