WATER LEVEL IN RESERVE TANK

1999 Suzuki

Calif Bob

October, 19, 2008 AT 2:17 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Other Suzuki Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125, 00 miles

I bought vehicle used 3-10-07. It's a 4 cyl " Vitara" 2/4 wheel drive. So far, great running vehicle, except for 1 thing: the water in the reserve tank keeps disappearing. There are no visible leaks at all! When I first got vehicle it took 6 months for the bottle to go empty! I refilled. Then it took 6 weeks. Recently, it seems to go maybe 3 weeks! Why? My engine never overheats, unless tank is dry and I am idiling. I have no gas mileage loss and still have excelleration power. I thought it could be the summer heat/evaporation, but it does it even in the winter. I can't figure it out!The vehicle runs great except for the mysterious loss of water in the reserve tank?

mhpautos

October, 19, 2008 AT 11:48 PM

Hi there,

Get the cooling system pressure tested a you may have a very small leak that is hard to see under normal conditions, make sure that they also check the condition of the pressure cap as well.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser