OIL CHANGE

2005 Subaru Legacy

karl1204

October, 10, 2010 AT 3:42 PM

2005 Subaru Legacy 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I just came back from Firestone to get a wheel alignment done, when they recommended that I get my oil changed since the technician said that my oil looked " dirty". I had previously gotten my oil changed at the same Firestone 2 weeks prior. Since that oil change I have driven about 700-800 miles (mostly highway). I have about 65,000 miles on my car. Whenever I have checked my oil after an oil change it has looked more honey like in color, this time it it more brown than usual. I am suspicious as to whether or not the oil was actually changed 2 weeks ago. Is it possible for oil to look " dirty" two weeks after an oil change?

saturntech9

October, 10, 2010 AT 4:52 PM

If your engine is dirty with a lot of burnt oil in it then yes it can get dirty right away. But telling if they changed it or not you can't tell without have the oil tested by a lab.