Yes, you can use a voltmeter rather than a test light. As far as the low voltage, that can be a faulty module, a damaged wire shorting to ground, and so on. Also, there is nothing other than inspecting the connector pins for damage. Just make sure they are not bent, pushed in, or corroded.
As far as the parts you are getting, since you had issues, try a different brand. Some of the parts we have been seeing are poorly made and faulty out of the box.
Let me know what you find.
Tuesday, August 9th, 2022 AT 12:36 PM