1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE PCM EXCHANGE

• chas murphy
  • 1996 Cadillac Deville

1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 11/006 miles

THE TRANSMISSION HAS BEEN CHANGED IN THIS CAR AND HAS THE WRONG GEAR RATIO. THE CARS PCM IS WANTING 3: 11 RATIO AND THE TRANSMISSION HAS 3: 71 RATIO. HAVE A 1997 PCM WITH THE THE NEEDED 3: 71 RATIO IN IT BUT GET A THEIF ALARM, CAR WILL NO START. QUESTION WOULD HAVING THE 1997 PCM FLASHED TO GET PAST THE THEIF ALARM WORK? THEY BOTH HAVE 4.6 NORTH STAR. THE 1997 IS OUT OF A SLS.

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 6:33 PM

• mastertechtim

Have you tried the relearn procedure. 1 fully charged battery.2 start car and leave car on, car starts then stalls and theft light flashes for ten minutes then goes out. 3 turn off the key then it should start.

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 6:37 PM
  • chas murphy

THE CAR WILL NOT START. IT HAS AN ANTI-THIEF ALARM. BY RELEARN PROCEDURE DO YOU MEAN LEAVE KEY ON FOR THIRTY MINUTES IN THE ON POSITION?

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 6:50 PM
  • mastertechtim

When you turn the key to run position does the theft light or the security light flash constantly? We are talking about a factory alarm and not a aftermarket alarm?

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 6:56 PM
  • chas murphy

THE PUSH BRAKE TO SHIFT MESSAGE FOLLOWED BY THEIF ALARM CAR MAY NOT START THIS FACTORY MESSAGE BOARD AFTER WAITING IT WILL CARNK OVER BUT WILL NOT FIRE OR START.

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:03 PM
  • mastertechtim

Ok im not 100 percent sure but I dont think it can be reprogrammed with a used pcm, I think your pcm will need replacement and then reprogramming. I will pass this post along to some other mods and see if they can give you a more definitive answer

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:06 PM
  • chas murphy

The pcm for the 1996 will run the car but gives improper gear ratio. The pcm out of the 1997 sls will not allow me to get past the antitheif alarm. I did the 30 minute leaving the key on and the car would not start. A computor search gave me the compatabilty for my deville to the sls pcm that has the proper gear ratio in it. Just cant start the car

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:19 PM
  • mastertechtim

Ok im on mitchell right now and it appears the 96 has pass lock 2 system which uses a pellet in the key, can you verify that your ignition key has a pellet in it or not?

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:34 PM
  • chas murphy

If your refering to coded key yes it does.

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:36 PM
  • mastertechtim

The coded key with the pellet in it does not go through the pcm, its a seperated system and does not need programming from pcm.

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:39 PM
  • chas murphy

Guess I have to figure out what a pellet is?

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 7:41 PM