Some bulbs do not work

AHMED8806
  • 2012 FORD EXPEDITION
I have the SUV listed above Limited model. There is a problem when the lights of the drum did not work. Some buttons such as flasher and buttons control wheel and all the fuses were checked all intact, I went to some technicians and I did not find a solution. One of them opened the bulbs and tested them outside the car and found work and forgot to remember that the external mirror bulb that works with the opening of the door also does not work. I do not find a solution, please help me. Thank you
Thursday, January 10th, 2019 AT 6:56 PM

STEVE W.
Welcome to 2CarPros
If you don't mind I have a few questions to narrow down which circuits are or are not working.

The headlight switch, steering wheel controls, hazard, traction and lift-gate lamps in the first three pictures all share a common power feed but they have two different grounds. To narrow down if it's the ground or power side to check first please answer this question, on the steering wheel controls. Are both sides out, or only the right side that you have pictured? If it has the rear heated seat option, do those switches light up?

If you wanted to check the power and grounds first just pick one of the above lights that is easy to get to. They are fed power on the blue wire with a white stripe. The ground wires for most are black with a white stripe.

Next you show the left "puddle lamp" in the mirror (last image) as not working, does the right hand side work? They share the same power feed but not the same ground.
Friday, January 11th, 2019 AT 7:04 PM
AHMED8806
Hi Steve,
For the first question, all of them do not work, and the heater control does not work. The light bulbs, all right and left are not working, just find out that the kerosene stick is not working. I will send its picture and where are the wires that I will check? If you send me a video of the way I work for you, thank you
Saturday, January 12th, 2019 AT 8:42 AM
STEVE W.
Okay, if none of those work there is one common wire power wire to check and that would be the blue wire with white stripe that comes out of the smart junction box that is behind the right kick panel. So first we can verify that fuse 10 (15A) is good. It feeds that circuit and should have power at all times. It is in that smart box behind the kick panel. The easy test tool for this will be a simple test light. Connect one end to the batter ground and then probe the top tabs of the fuse you should have power at both with the key off or on.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Next you will need to find the blue wire with white stripe in the harness, close to the box is best. Turn the key on and see if you have power when you turn on the headlights and turn up the brightness of the lamps. If you have power there then the wire has broke farther up the harness. More likely you won't have power. That means you need to check the ground black wire with white stripe that will be screwed into the body near the junction box on the A-pillar. These trucks have a bad habit of water intrusion and wires corroding in that area.
Now if you test the ground and it is good plus there is no power on the Blue w/white wire the FET inside the smart junction box has failed and you would need to replace it.
Before that I would replace the dimmer control as it could be open and not activating the SJB to turn on the lamps.
Saturday, January 12th, 2019 AT 2:45 PM