Service ride control code C0590

MIDWESTSURFGUY
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I am having A problem on my vehicle which I think has electric shocks for the front and air shocks with a compressor for the back. I have a cheap scan reader and it indicates "C0590" is my codes it says "Suspension damper solenoid circuit low". It indicates "right rear solenoid/motor/actuator circuit malfunction".

I replaced the rear shocks about two years ago with shocks from Arnott. Later the pump started running a long time when it was below zero out, so I did not work on it. Then as you can guess the pump stopped working all together. I replaced it last November and it was working for about a month, then it ran a few times for like a minute or two and then it stopped and this code started showing up.

My question is three fold, is this code indicating that one of the Arnott shocks (right fear) has gone bad? Does the fact that the compressor is not working mean that it has burnt out and gone bad? Or is there some protection that if the system sees a code it stops the compressor from burning itself up?

The front shock have never been replaced, at 150,000 miles I assume it would be prudent to replace them.

Could you give me your thought on these questions
Thanks so much in advance!
Thanks again
Guy
Sunday, February 12th, 2017 AT 11:19 AM

JIS001
For a problem like that you would need a scanner more advanced to see if you can command the air pump on and off. If it does not then when commanding off, verify you actually have power going to the air pump. As for the rear shock, I have replaced them for that code.

If you find that you need a pump, you may want to look into doing a conversion kit on the suspension. Have had customer op in for that since parts are cheaper.
+1
Sunday, February 12th, 2017 AT 1:33 PM