Service park lamps

TINA MAGOUIRK
  • 2005 CHEVROLET UPLANDER
Both tail lights are not coming on. Brake lights work and blinkers work.
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 8:06 PM

I am more of a old "Real Jeep" kind of feller.

I can look stuff up for newer stuff.

"Prodemand" shows four diagrams, Backup lights and three others for for exterior lamps

I screenshot the top of this one for you,

This could be really easy if it turns out to be this, If not, I can get the rest of the diagrams, and maybe give you more ideas.

Recently tonight, I tried to post a picture, It wound up at another post I answered earlier (I accidentally stumbled on it) If it does not post this time, I will write the information.

Return with a grin! Diagram below.

The Medic
-1
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 9:49 PM
Okay,

Pictures are not working right now!

Lets look in the IP fuse block, Prodemand says it is on the right side of your dash.

We want to look at the park lamp fuse. It is fuse 12, says it is a 10 AMP.

Actually take it out to inspect it, sometimes a "good fuse" just is not making good contact, you scooting it in and out of its holder might do it some good.

If it is bad/ burned/ blown always replace any fuse with the exact same amp as the one that goes there.

Sometimes they are marked on the block as to the correct amp that goes there, if it is a used vehicle, sometimes you can catch where the previous feller put the wrong one in (did not have the correct one/ or simply put in a bigger one to "Make it not blow").

Cases like this need to be corrected with the proper size. If the correct one continues to blow, something is wrong in the circuit and needs repairing.

Over sizing a fuse could result in the wires/ and or whole vehicle could catch on fire!

Just some extra information I am sharing, bored at one am in the morning.

Let me know if fuse 12 was the answer!

The Medic
+1
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 10:08 PM