Security protection

ZAYMONEY
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
So I have a very known car that has the potential to get stolen. I have an alarm already but I want back up protection, I’ve seen people installed kill switch wire up from the fuel pump relay, I’m wondering if I can make a kill switch wireless. As in on the internet I’ve seen modulars with remotes is it safe to put a wireless kill switch or any other good protection for that kind of car.
Thursday, February 13th, 2020 AT 10:20 PM

JOETECHPRO
Hey ZAYMONEY,

If installed correctly you could add a second layer of immobilization of the vehicle.

This would however give you one more thing to potentially fail and cause you a non start condition.

If you are more worried about the car getting stolen than it potentially not starting then going down this route is a workable option.

Which motor do you have in your vehicle, I see the options for a 1.5L either 8V, 16V or 16V with VTEC.

Let us know which motor you have and we can provide you with schematics and suggestions of where is best to install a switch.

Regards, Joe
Thursday, February 13th, 2020 AT 10:29 PM

Sponsored links