2000 Saturn SL2 loses power

JOHN GRIMES
  • 2000 SATURN SL2
When I'm driving the car will lose power and stall. I just had it tuned up all filters were changed the wired were changed and the fuel pump was changed. It happens off and on but not all the time

I had the computer check the car and the folling codes were listed ; PO 171, PO 507, PO 1599
Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 11:46 AM

SATURNTECH9
When the car stalls will it restart right away the more details the better. Also go to a auto parts store like auto zone and have them scan your car for code's. If you have any codes let me know what numbers they are.
Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 1:00 PM
JOHN GRIMES
The car restarts after a couple of tries it seems like its not getting fuel. I had the computer checked and the following code were listed
PO 171
PO 507
PO 1599
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 10:46 AM
SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2000_sl2_code_p0171_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2000_sl2_code_p0171_part2_1.jpg

From your code p0171 and p0507 i would see if you have a vacuum leak also check your fuel pressure when the car is acting up.Did you change your fuel filter also?Let me know what you find.
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 12:26 PM
JOHN GRIMES
The fuel filter and fuel pump was changed.
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 3:25 PM
SATURNTECH9
I would also check your coolant temp sensor and the connector to it see if the connector is corroded if it is the connector need's to be changed. If you change the coolant temp sensor then make sure you get a brass tipped one the plastic tipped one's crack. There only 10 for the sensor and it's real common for them to fail and they cause all kind's of symptom's.
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 3:52 PM
JOHN GRIMES
Its ok and the car is not running hot
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 4:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
That doesn't mean it's not bad I have seen a lot of customer's come in not complaining about overheating but the sensor was bad cause no start's hard start's dieing etc. Just something I thought you should not over look and it's cheaper then the other thing's you have tried.
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
JOHN GRIMES
Ok I will have it changed and see what happens
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 4:28 PM