Loss of power

DJESKE
  • 2002 SATURN SL2
2002 saturn sl2 loss of power, not shifting properly. Replaced o2 sensor, oss, ckp, checked the catylitic converter, replaced transmission, replaced 2 exhaust valves and machined the head. Vehile is not shifting properly, loss of power
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 5:04 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have any code's?What year model did you get the transmission from?How did you check the three cats your car has?
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 6:09 PM
DJESKE
No codes come up. Tranny was the same 2002 sl2 with 127,000 on it
What did you mean by 3 cats?
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 6:17 PM
SATURNTECH9
Oh sorry I thought I read that you had a L model saturn. On your exhaust manifold do have a cat?Also how did you check your cat?How is the transmission not shifting properly the more details the better since I can't test drive it or see it. Paint me picture.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 6:22 PM
DJESKE
Our car is a saturn sl2 duel overhead cam. We made sure the main exaust cat coverter was not blocked. The car acts like it is in a limp-home mode. Loss of power in all gears. While driving rpm go high if you let off the accelerator they come down and the car will shift. Gets real boggy when trying to accelerate.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 7:26 PM
SATURNTECH9
So had a exhaust back pressure test ran on your car when it had those issues?Because it really sounds like a plugged cat. There is no limp mode for that car.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 9:04 PM
DJESKE
To save money could I unhook the exhaust at the manafold in order to test it.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 10:25 PM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have a cat on your exhaust manifold it would be hard to miss it would be right below the exhaust tubes where they all come together an the bottom of the manifold?I have dropped the down pipe before and seen if the cat was clogged that way. You just don't want to run it that long like that. The back pressure gauge sets are about 40.
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 12:25 AM