STARTING

1999 Saturn SC2

gerry_ taylor

April, 26, 2010 AT 3:45 PM

1999 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

my car does not start and I just replaced the starter with a brand new one cause the cylenoid was down. The battery is only 6 months old and is still charged and the car is still not starting all it seems to do is tunrn everything on and not start when its on the start position whats wrong? Is it the ingnition switch? Or what

saturntech9

April, 26, 2010 AT 5:03 PM

So when u turn the key to the start postion no click from the starter?Engine doesn't spin?Check and make sure ur battery cables are clean and tight. Do u have a multimeter?I hope so let me know.

gerry_ taylor

April, 26, 2010 AT 8:45 PM

When in the on position it does not turn over at all the sonund is just a click and then nothing the wires are good and the battery is new I dont now whats going on it may be the ignition switch

saturntech9

April, 26, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

I doubt it's the ignition switch very low failure rate on that model yr. So what clicks the starter?So do u have a multimeter so we can figure this out?

gerry_ taylor

April, 27, 2010 AT 12:19 PM

No I dont have a multimeter whats another way to check it?

saturntech9

April, 27, 2010 AT 12:41 PM

Whats clicking when u turn the key?The starter?Or something else?U could use a test light but it would be harder to test for grounds if we had to test for them. If u dont atleast have a test light its going to be hard to figure this one out without just guessing. Tests lights and multimeters are pretty cheap and good to have around. Let me know.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right