ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1996 SATURN SC1 4 CYL ...

1996 Saturn SC1

dirtysancho77

April, 26, 2010 AT 8:14 PM

1996 Saturn SC1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 177000 miles

my car will turn over but wont start, I have fire at the end of my spark plug wires, and fuel to the fuel rail, checked all fuses. Fixin to set fire to it pls help

saturntech9

April, 26, 2010 AT 10:38 PM

What was ur fuel pressure at the rail?If u hold ur foot all the way to the floor and crank ur car over will it start?Let me know.

dirtysancho77

April, 27, 2010 AT 4:29 PM

Dont know the pressure at the rail yet and no if hold the pedal to the floor it still does not start. It just died at a stop sign

saturntech9

April, 27, 2010 AT 4:43 PM

Ok so we still need to see how much fuel pressure u have to see if its enough to run. So u have spark for sure?The best way to check for spark is to remove two wires off the coil and have someone crank it over while u watch for spark and then put those wires back on and take the other two off and do the same thing to make sure u have spark on both coils. Is ur oil full?Let me know.

dirtysancho77

April, 27, 2010 AT 5:30 PM

Oil level is good, and I checked for spark again and I have fire. Shouldnt the spark be bright blue? If so mine are an orangeish blue. I will try to get a fuel pressure gauge tommorw and let u know the pressure. My service light has been on since I bought the car if that helps

saturntech9

April, 27, 2010 AT 6:17 PM

Ur spark sounds ok did u know u can rent tools at auto zone for free.U just pay retail value when u rent it and when u return it u get ur money back they have all kinds of tools fuel pressure gauges and if u dont live in california I think u can rent a scan tool. If u can rent a scan tool get one that can do whats called datastream and we will see if u have codes and we can look at some sensor values. Let me know what u find.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe