9000 WONT START 1994

2012 SAAB

boyleia1

November, 9, 2006 AT 10:50 PM

I bought Saab 9000 that was said to have a " locked Engine" when I got the car home I inspected in and found no signs of a locked engine. So I bought a new battery and hooked it up. The car clicked every time I turned the ignition and on about the 15th try it turned over, but did not fire. Every time I try it clicks 15-20 times than will turn over. If I keep the key turned and continue to turn the car over it will stop on its own after about 5-10 seconds. And than the process starts all over again. Just wondering if anyone had an idea of what it could be. Thanks

guitarguydudeperson34

November, 11, 2006 AT 2:43 PM

Have you checked the fuel pump?

boyleia1

November, 11, 2006 AT 3:28 PM

I have not. How do I Check that?

guitarguydudeperson34

November, 12, 2006 AT 2:48 PM

Get yourself a haynes repair manual (like 15$ at car store) there are steps in it to do this. Plus if I am wrong there are maintanance steps in it that will help you fix the problem.

boyleia1

November, 13, 2006 AT 7:19 PM

Ok I will look for one. Both of my local car parts stores did not have any repair books for my car.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe